View Issue Details
|ID||Project||Category||View Status||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0007983||Taler||challenger||public||2023-11-15 23:49||2023-11-16 16:05|
|Reporter||Christian Grothoff||Assigned To||sebasjm|
|Platform||i7||OS||Debian GNU/Linux||OS Version||squeeze|
|Product Version||git (master)|
|Summary||0007983: wallet-core must template generation is lacking|
|Description||There are still issues with the wallet-core MUST files for challenger. I just fixed one of the issues: the files for English must be called "$FOO.en.must", not just "$FOO.must". |
Now, the open issues (both related) are:
1) The .html files are highly redundant: the styling, header, footer etc. are repeated in each file. That's very bad (redundancy, means we have to fix 10 templates if we change anything!). We should use some pre-processor logic or something to create the .HTML files from some source that supports us in only writing the general HTML (header, footer) once. Like what we to with Jinja2 for the main website. Not necessarily using Jinja2 (tooling is up to you), but with good de-duplication of the code.
2) The current .html files are not properly internationalized. We'll need them in many languages eventually, so again, just like for our main web site, we should have some way to apply gettext/weblate style translations to all the (visible/readable) strings in the HTML. Then, we should generate $FOO.de.must, $FOO.fr.must, etc. based on available translations. I don't know what the plan for wallet-core translation is, but "something" should be done. Again, Jinja2 could be one option, but if you have build-system choices that are more aligned with wallet-core, I don't mind a different tool if it gets the job done.
|Tags||No tags attached.|