View Issue Details
|ID||Project||Category||View Status||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0006995||Taler||mechant backend||public||2021-08-18 16:11||2021-08-25 14:31|
|Reporter||Florian Dold||Assigned To||belen|
|Priority||normal||Severity||minor||Reproducibility||have not tried|
|Summary||0006995: fix style, text and structural issues with merchant backend HTML pages|
|Description||While the usage of the old Taler logo has been removed, the new logo is still not used in the merchant backend HTML pages.|
It's currently very difficult to make changes to these pages, as there is no way to define shared material between pages. We should put the common JS and CSS (and maybe some HTML like the footer) into separate files that are included from every top-level page.
Furthermore, we need to review the text that appears on the pages for user-friendliness.
* Is a payment "requested" or "required"
* There is no explanation about re-purchase detection. For an order with a fulfillment URL, it might be good to mention that you can scan the QR code and then *don't* have to pay again if it's already paid
* The language is not simple and friendly, but academic. "Alternatively", "Finally", sounds like we're about to write a paper.
* On the page for the order status after payment, we don't provide a link to the fulfillment URL. (Kinda related to 0006459)
|Tags||No tags attached.|
||Belen, could you please have a look at the various files in merchant.git/contrib/*.mcpp and see if you can improve the language?|
||I can certainly try. It would be good to see the text in context, though. Is there an (easy-ish) way to view the html pages?|
Well, largely demo.taler.net feeds from them. To see the one with the refund, you'll need to scroll to the bottom of the article (after purchase) and click on refund.
Also, they may not show if you have a WebExtension wallet installed with the 'nice' permissions, as then the wallet takes over immediately. So using the Android app + a browser without WebExtension would work best.
What about something like the attached?
The "Or open your Taler wallet" button replaces "Click this link to open your system's Taler wallet if it exists."
The "Don't have a Taler wallet yet? Install it!" link goes to https://taler.net/en/wallet.html
The copy in depleted_tip.en.mcpp would need to change to:
"Tip already collected"
"You have already collected this tip"
I cannot access the order details page at the moment: the Android wallet gives an error when I try to withdraw or pay. So I am not sure if this page also needs some changes.
||ecf18ea..8bbe228 adjusts the templates based on Belen's suggestions above.|
- introduce new Taler logo => Sebastian?
- order detail page => blocked on Demo working for Belen
- not sure the CSS/Design is good yet => Sebastian?
- There is no explanation about re-purchase detection. For an order with a fulfillment URL, it might be good to mention that you can scan the QR code and then *don't* have to pay again if it's already paid.
I can suggest a way to display the new logo, but I would need to know what is the version of the logo I should use. Is it the one in https://taler.net/?
Also, how can I see the screens involved in the re-purchase detection?
Yes, the taler.net logo (three blue rings with or without 'taler' text).
Re-purchase detection doesn't involve any additional screens. It is what happens if you
1) buy article with one wallet (say mobile phone in a firefox browser)
2) select same digital product again in another browser
3) *attempt* to pay with the same wallet that already purchased the article, and
4) Taler allows you to get the digital product from the different browser without paying *again*.
I will move this 5 pages into merchant-backend and then imported like we do with spa.html
will be renamed the from .en.mcpp to .html
|2021-08-18 16:11||Florian Dold||New Issue|
|2021-08-18 16:11||Florian Dold||Status||new => assigned|
|2021-08-18 16:11||Florian Dold||Assigned To||=> Christian Grothoff|
|2021-08-18 16:13||Florian Dold||Description Updated|
|2021-08-20 21:30||Christian Grothoff||Note Added: 0018117|
|2021-08-20 21:31||Christian Grothoff||Assigned To||Christian Grothoff => belen|
|2021-08-23 15:25||belen||Note Added: 0018120|
|2021-08-23 16:22||Christian Grothoff||Note Added: 0018121|
|2021-08-24 17:44||belen||Note Added: 0018125|
|2021-08-24 17:44||belen||File Added: offer_refund.png|
|2021-08-24 17:44||belen||File Added: offer_tip.png|
|2021-08-24 17:44||belen||File Added: request_payment.png|
|2021-08-24 18:27||Christian Grothoff||Note Added: 0018126|
|2021-08-24 18:29||Christian Grothoff||Note Added: 0018127|
|2021-08-24 18:29||Christian Grothoff||Note Edited: 0018127|
|2021-08-24 18:29||Christian Grothoff||Product Version||=> 0.8|
|2021-08-24 18:29||Christian Grothoff||Target Version||0.9.1 => 0.8.5|
|2021-08-25 13:00||belen||Note Added: 0018128|
|2021-08-25 13:04||Christian Grothoff||Note Added: 0018129|
|2021-08-25 14:31||sebasjm||Note Added: 0018131|