View Issue Details
|ID||Project||Category||View Status||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0007851||Taler||wallet (WebExtension)||public||2023-05-31 15:33||2023-08-02 18:23|
|Product Version||git (master)|
|Summary||0007851: we need a way to test that a new query does not break CORS requirement|
|Description||I'm happy to take this but after we agree how we can do it and IF we can do it.|
The current situation:
When wallet core queries /config of demobank it is adding the header
in the OPTION request.
Chrome is not doing the OPTION request.
Firefox does it, and fails because the response of the server does not match with the request requirement.
easy to fix, but hard to find.
What I want with this issue is that we found a way to prevent this issue to happen, maybe with unit test or with a clear message error.
Things to consider:
* CORS request failure are opaque: usually seen as "request failed"
* Depends on the platform: is it possible to simulate in node?
* The error may also depend on the server response
|Tags||No tags attached.|
More on this:
I was using Firefox 113.0.2 (64-bit) Mozilla firefox snap for ubuntu canonical-002 - 1.0
After uninstalling and installing again the Addon, the problem persist.
After uninstalling, restarting firefox and installing again the Addon, the problem persist.
Look for firefox older version in https://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/firefox/releases
Trying with version 104.0.2, the problem is not present.
Trying with the same version (113.0.2) but another installation, the problem is not present.
At this point, I assume that my current firefox instance had a configuration problem.
Removing the addon, installing from web store. Problem not present, it is an older version but the relevant code that make the http request is the same. (v 0.9.3.10 from Mar 31, 2023)
After removing the removing the version from websotre and installing from source again, the problem is not preset !!!!
And source compilation in the middle.
I saw this again, Chrome 114.0.5735.90
The request was not using the network yet CORS problem were reported by the browser.
After cleaning the browser cache the problem was gone.
@Sebastian: Not sure what to do about this, given the fundamental browser limitations.
Do you think any action is required or can we close this?
||we agree that we don't have enough information in these cases to show better information to the user|
|2023-05-31 15:33||sebasjm||New Issue|
|2023-05-31 15:33||sebasjm||Status||new => assigned|
|2023-05-31 15:33||sebasjm||Assigned To||=> Florian Dold|
|2023-05-31 15:33||sebasjm||File Added: Selection_124.png|
|2023-05-31 15:33||sebasjm||File Added: Selection_123.png|
|2023-05-31 15:34||sebasjm||Description Updated|
|2023-05-31 15:35||sebasjm||Category||wallet-core => wallet (WebExtension)|
|2023-05-31 16:40||sebasjm||Note Added: 0020210|
|2023-06-05 16:12||sebasjm||Note Added: 0020263|
|2023-08-02 18:07||Florian Dold||Assigned To||Florian Dold => sebasjm|
|2023-08-02 18:07||Florian Dold||Status||assigned => feedback|
|2023-08-02 18:07||Florian Dold||Note Added: 0020392|
|2023-08-02 18:23||sebasjm||Status||feedback => resolved|
|2023-08-02 18:23||sebasjm||Resolution||open => won't fix|
|2023-08-02 18:23||sebasjm||Note Added: 0020393|