View Issue Details

IDProjectCategoryView StatusLast Update
0007139GNUnetreclaimpublic2022-01-01 21:08
Reporterbandura Assigned Toschanzen  
PrioritynormalSeverityminorReproducibilityhave not tried
Status resolvedResolutionno change required 
Platform5.14.0-9parrot1-amd64 x86_64OSParrot OS HomeOS VersionRelease 5.0
Product Version0.13.1 
Summary0007139: re: claimID browser plugin shows errors
DescriptionI installed gnunet via my package service (apt on parrot os (debian 11 fork)).
I wanted to try the reclaim plugin. I did this once in Firefox and in Brave (chromium-based), but the plug-in shows the same behavior in both browsers.
When opening the administration page, the plugin shows the following:
ERROR
Error retrieving references for``ยดยด

Furthermore, it is not possible for me to create attributes for my identity. Nothing just happens. There are also no "standard attributes" displayed.

I created the identity in the command line and not in the plugin.
TagsNo tags attached.

Activities

schanzen

2022-01-01 19:55

manager   ~0018614

0.13.1 is likely too old and the API changed with 0.15.0. I would suggest building your own from source and uninstalling the old version.

schanzen

2022-01-01 19:56

manager   ~0018615

Alternatively, there is a gnunet in the Taler debian apt repo: https://deb.taler.net/apt/debian/

bandura

2022-01-01 20:43

reporter   ~0018616

Unfortunately, the deb repo does not work. It requires a version of libgnutls30 that is only available for Debian Sid / Unstabe. I've now compiled the whole thing myself. I reinstalled the plugin. The error still appears, however.

bandura

2022-01-01 20:43

reporter   ~0018617

$gnunet-core -v
gnunet-core v0.15.3 release

schanzen

2022-01-01 21:00

manager   ~0018618

Last edited: 2022-01-01 21:01

it may help to see the output of the developer console.
Can you paste the errors in "More Tools"->"Browser Console"?

Even clearer information can be gotten if you checkout https://git.gnunet.org/reclaim-ui.git/,
run "yarn install && yarn start" and try to UI at localhost:4200
There, the output in the browser console show us the code passage that is acting up.

In any case, I just tried everything again and it works for me (in Firefox). So something must be acting up.
Sometimes restarting the browser/clearing the cache may also work.

bandura

2022-01-01 21:07

reporter   ~0018619

Mhh, it works again after restarting the PC. Thanks a lot for your help!

schanzen

2022-01-01 21:08

manager   ~0018620

Let me know if there are other issues (there probabyl are ;)

Issue History

Date Modified Username Field Change
2022-01-01 19:24 bandura New Issue
2022-01-01 19:29 Christian Grothoff Assigned To => schanzen
2022-01-01 19:29 Christian Grothoff Status new => assigned
2022-01-01 19:55 schanzen Note Added: 0018614
2022-01-01 19:56 schanzen Note Added: 0018615
2022-01-01 20:43 bandura Note Added: 0018616
2022-01-01 20:43 bandura Note Added: 0018617
2022-01-01 21:00 schanzen Note Added: 0018618
2022-01-01 21:01 schanzen Note Edited: 0018618
2022-01-01 21:07 bandura Note Added: 0018619
2022-01-01 21:08 schanzen Status assigned => resolved
2022-01-01 21:08 schanzen Resolution open => no change required
2022-01-01 21:08 schanzen Note Added: 0018620