View Revisions: Issue #6663

Summary 0006663: merchant query to exchange (request_keys) does not work
Revision 2021-01-29 22:50 by Christian Grothoff
Description Hello! first time setting up taler so it took me some time to be sure that is not a config problem (and I hope it isnt)

Im building all from scratch into an alpine SO. Im able to withdraw and use the browser wallet with a custom currency (ARS).
The problem comes when I try to spend it, the request to the merchant fails with timeout after 10 seconds.
Looking at the logs I found the exchange never gets the request from the merchant, thats explain the merchant timeouting.

Exploring deeper the logs I found the merchant repeats the query to the exchange looking for the keys.
> INFO Received keys from URL `http://exchange.taler:8282/keys' with status 0.
but the exchange never logs the request, I expected to announce that is responding to the /keys like when it being curled but failed.

That lead me to think that the merchant is not querying in a proper way.
I have setup an netcat process with the option of dumping the content into a file. This process get the connection from the merchant but no HTTP request is being received.

For an easy reproduction of the problem Im attaching some docker file that I made for this report. Im able to reproduce it 100% in this environment.
Revision 2020-12-08 13:51 by sebasjm
Description Hello! first time setting up taler so it took me some time to be sure that is not a config problem (and I hope it isnt)

Im building all from scratch into an alpine SO. Im able to withdraw and use the browser wallet with a custom currency (ARS).
The problem comes when I try to spend it, the request to the merchant fails with timeout after 10 seconds.
Looking at the logs I found the exchange never gets the request from the merchant, thats explain the merchant timeouting.

Exploring deeper the logs I found the merchant repeats the query to the exchange looking for the keys.
> INFO Received keys from URL `http://exchange.taler:8282/keys' with status 0.
but the exchange never logs the request, I expected to announce that is responding to the /keys like when it being curled but failed.

That lead me to think that the merchant is not querying in a proper way.
I have setup an netcat process with the option of dumping the content into a file. This process get the connection from the merchant but no HTTP request is being received.

For an easy reproduction of the problem Im attaching some docker file that I made for this report. Im able to reproduce it 100% in this environment.